Monday, September 19, 2005

Max

My newphew Max was born yesterday, Sunday, Sept. 18th. He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 inches long. He had a little trouble breathing in his first few moments, probably because it was a hard labor for my sister. But both of them are fine now. Which brings a sigh of relief to our family. Max is actually my sister's fourth child. Or he should have been. My sister had a miscarriage during her third pregnancy. And she, along with all of us, was nervous during this pregnancy. But everything was fine.

The other thing my sister was worried about was if Max's feet would be okay. Morgan, my oldest niece, was born with a club foot. She's had a few surgeries to try and straighten it out and she wore a brace when she was little. The doctor said she would most likely have to have more surgeries. But I guess, once you give birth to a child with this condition, then it ups the percentages for your other children, something like a 1 in 4 chance. But Max has perfect feet.

By the way...Morgan doesn't let her foot get in her way at all. She's a speed demon, running all over the place, faster than a speeding bullet. And none of us even think about it anymore until it's time for her to buy new shoes (one foot is smaller than the other). That kid rocks! :)

3 comments:

Denise (Dee Dee) said...

Just passing through and wanted to send congratulations to you regarding the birth of your nephew. I'm glad everything worked out for the best. My daughter inlaw miscarried with her first child and is now 7 months pregnant again so I can relate to the worries.

Denise

Stephen said...

I'm so glad that both Max and your sister are healthy and doing well:) Another little triathlete in the making? :)

Lisa said...

Thank you both for your kind thoughts. :)

Stephen - difinitely another triathlete in the making! Although I think his dad has plans for him as Nascar driver or football star. We'll see... :)