Thursday, December 21, 2006

I Can Hardly Wait

One of the fun things about photography is seeing your photos on the wall of someone's house. All of my family & friends have my work on their walls - some landscapes, some flowers, but mostly photos of my nieces and nephew. For Christmas, both my mother and my sister asked me to do photobooks of Max. I can't wait til they open them! I also made collage prints of the girls for both of them (and one set for me). I turned photos of the girls into puzzles for them. And I made calendars for my stepmom and my aunt. Will Christmas never get here?

I also heard from Mo that they had 4 of the photos I took this weekend made into 16x20's for the grandparents and themselves, a few 8x10s and various other prints. She was very happy with how they turned out. So I'll get to see those too when I go over there. Yeah.

I haven't printed any of my photos for me lately. I was thinking I would print this one of the Coral Pink Sand Dunes that I took a few years ago.

I took this photo during a birthday trip to Utah to see Zion & Bryce Canyon. I thought it would be warm since my birthday is in May but the nights were freezing cold still. I ended up using my Yashica 6x6 camera (thus the square) a lot since the batteries in my 35mm kept dying from the cold. One plus though was that there was a little rain and clouds around during the trip so it made for some very dramatic skies. The birthday fairies were definitely making sure I saw these parks to their best advantage. Anyway, I remember the sand being cool and soft and quiet. No one was around, just me and the critters that made those tracks. Funny thing is that I don't remember being nervous about that.

1 comment:

Bolder said...

hopefully, those tracks in the bottom right were yours -- or, you should have been worried!

another beautiful picture, definitely print worthy.