Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My Grandma - Part II

A while back, I posted this post - My Grandma but didn't include any photos. You would think that since she gave me my first real camera, I would have tons of photos of her. And there are a lot of her around from when I was little. But by the time I really started taking photos, she was sick and didn't like anyone taking photos of her. These I just scanned a couple of nights ago. I had picked her up from dialysis that Saturday and she was tired but she let me snap a few. I think more than anything because she didn't want to discourage me. I took them with Scala B&W slide film which has sort of a greenish tint to it so I toned them, or the one anyway. The dog was my grandparents dog, Punky. She was a really good and smart dog but she also hated for me to take her photos. Something about the sound made her skittish. She only let me on this day because my grandmother told her to stay. Otherwise, she would have been hiding in the back yard. I was trying to take a photo of her to give to my grandfather.


2 comments:

Bolder said...

it's a gift to be able to capture these moments and memories.

everyone has cameras. so many opportunities get left behind...

Lisa said...

When I was vacationing in Arizona in October, my nieces asked me why I always took my camera where ever we went. I told them so I wouldn't miss anything cuz you never know when a great photo will appear.