Monday, December 04, 2006

My Favorite Models

I entered one of my photos in the bimonthly NikonNet Photo contest. It wasn't selected. I am a little bummed about that. This is only the 2nd time I've submitted a photo in a contest. The last time, I entered "On The Edge" and 4 others to the Photography Exhibit at the Los Angeles County Fair about 7 years ago. "On The Edge" won an honorable mention but the other 4 were sent packing. Sometimes all you get is praise for your photos and you start to think you are all that and a bag of chips and then you try something like this and it brings you down to earth. There's a qoute from Ansel Adams that I have to remind myself of often. "Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop." So I'll keep trying. I think I might submit this one next:

I like the color and the framing and the way the light hits Maddie's face.

These next two I took this past weekend. I didn't take a whole lot of photos and these two I liked but there are some if only's in them. I wish Maddie's had a more uniform/darker background to make her face pop out more. I wish Morgan's sweater hadn't left fuzzies on her shirt. But I like the fact that both of them are side-ish views and I caught them while they were pensive. I think they were both wondering if they had been good enough this year for Santa to visit!

No comments: