Friday, August 26, 2005

Oh, the places you'll go...

I haven't been as many places as I would like. I have this urge to explore the world but so far, I haven't done it. Finding the time and money just hasn't been a priority, I guess. And when my sister moved to North Carolina, suddenly all of my vacations were there or here with her. Now she lives in Arizona so we see each other more often, but still my vacations are centered around visits there or here. Now that I have nieces (and a nephew on the way), it's hard to give up time visiting with them. I would like to take an adventure vacation, maybe in Colorado. Or take a cruise with Mondi and the gang. Or go on a working archeology dig/vacation. I'm currently saving for a trip but the destination is undecided. Where should I go?

So far these are the states I've visited...
California (most places between San Diego and San Francisco/Sacramento)
Arizona (most places)
Utah (Zion & Bryce Canyon)
Nevada (Las Vegas & Reno)
New Mexico (Albuquerque and Carlsbad Caverns)
North Carolina (Charlotte & Blue Ridge Mountains)
South Carolina (Charleston & Myrtle Beach)
Florida (Orlando)
Hawaii (Oahu & Kauai)
Louisiana (New Orleans)

And I've been to these states but only the airport so I guess they don't really count..
Texas
Georgia
Missouri

So that's a pretty short list that I really need to expand! These are the places I want to visit:
Colorado
Alaska
Oregon
Texas
Georgia
Canada
Spain
Peru
Egypt
Thailand
Italy
Greece
England
Anywhere in the Caribbean!
Any place really with ancient ruins!
Any place really where I can ride a bike!
Any place really...

2 comments:

Stephen said...

You know what? Traveling was why I got a degree in International Business, but...um...yeah...I'm not really doing anything with it:( If I could go any place in the world, it would be Australia--I dunno why, I've always just wanted to go there. Hands down.

Lisa said...

So...what triathlon or marathon do you have planned for Australia? Or you could go there to surf...I've always wanted to learn how to surf...