Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Butterflies Alive

I went to the Living Desert on Saturday with my friend, Jackie, from work. Her brother and his wife went also. It was my first time there and it was good to have Jackie (who is a member) there to be our cruise director. There is an exhibit there called Butterflies Alive where you can get up close and personal with them while they flit about you. I loved it. I've never taken a picture of a butterfly before. Oh sure, I've chased bees around but never a butterfly. Anyway, I had a blast and it was quite challenging because, you know, they don't stay still long. I only wish I'd had my 70-180 macro. All of these are with my D200 and nikkor 28-105 lens.

This one is my favorite. Some kind of sulphur butterfly.


This one is a Giant Swallowtail


This one is a Julia


This one is a Zebra Longwing


Another Julia


Another Sulphur

3 comments:

Bolder said...

first shot is gorgeous.

i don't know if it would have looked better with the macro.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Pics!

Lisa said...

Thanks guys!