Thursday, October 12, 2006

Falling Leaves


We don't really have a fall season in our little part of Southern California. But still, there are trees with multi-colored leaves right now. Last night on the way home, I was distracted by them - yellow, orange, red. Just lying in the road. I kept looking at them to see if there were any interesting ones to photograph. Which is pretty hard to do while you are riding a bike. There is a whole section of my commute that I don't remember because I was distracted.

I like to photgraph a leaf because...I'm not sure why. Sometimes I just like the shape of them. Sometimes it's the color. Sometimes it's because they look like mini stained glass windows with the light shining thru them. Sometimes it's their shadow. This one was all about the shadow. It's a copy of slide. I used to shoot b&w slide film a lot.

No comments: