Monday, October 09, 2006

Globe Trekker

One of my favorite shows is Globe Trekker. I guess you can see it on the Travel Channel but since I don't have cable, I watch it on PBS on Saturdays and Sundays. Love this show. I love that they go to not typical places and really get to know the people and the advertous side of that spot on the globe.

Now, I haven't done nearly enough Globe Trekking. My sister moved to North Carolina 12 years ago. It'll be 4 years in January that she's been living in Arizona. Still, that means that for the past 12 years, all my vacations have been to visit her & the family. Or vacations here at home when they come to visit. Not that I didn't love being with them, but it meant that I didn't get to see much of the world.

I think that is about to change. Well, not right away. But next summer I am going to take an Adventure vacation. I mean it. A vacation where I get to learn to kayak and climb rocks and ride a mountain bike. Now that I get 3 weeks of vacation a year and my debt is manageable, I think it's doable. I think I need to do it.

No comments: