Thursday, October 19, 2006

Substitue Mom For A Week

According to my niece, Morgan, I am their substitute mom this week. Yep, I'm in Arizona getting my munchkin fix. Of course, they are the cutest kids EVER. Not that I'm prejudiced or anything. Ok, I am. Of course, I am. Anyway, so far, so good. All kids are accounted for and doing fine. Nothing broken on a kid or in the house. The only casualty is the missing Hooters frisbee which we hope to look for again this morning. Some quick thoughts:

Max is a heartbreaker. Everytime he smiles at me or reaches for me to hold him, he steals another piece of my heart. But as soon as he sees his mommy, it's Tia who? He's getting better at letting me take his pictures and even smiles for me. Woo. He's babbling still, no talking. Runs like the wind is a bright and curious little boy.



Madison is the stubbornest little girl you'll ever meet. Hoo is that kid stubborn. Probably because she's a Taurus like her Tia. I'm not too stubborn. Much. But she's quick to smile and hilarious. Sometimes, it's so hard to be "stern Tia" when she says something funny but I'm not supposed to laugh. Right now she is quite an accomplished Pole Slider Downer (just like a fireman) and not afraid of it at all (of which she is quite proud of and rightly so).


Morgan is whip smart, still loves horses, and still wants to be a vet. She's good with money and great about saving for the things she wants. She just bought her gecko a new tank and re-decorated her room in a surfer girl motif. She's not even 9 yet. She asks a lot of questions and always takes it to the next step. Sometimes, I forget that she's still a kid who plays Barbies and gets scared. She has a little bit of the drama queen in her which always made for great photo ops for me. But...sniffle, sniffle, she's starting to get self-conscious about having her picture taken. Sigh.

No comments: