Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Grapes

Here are some purple tulips I picked up this weekend. I love tulips, as you may know, and I couldn't resist them. They reminded me of grapes. I never used to be a purple person. My favorite color is green. Emerald green. There's something about a lush green that makes me feel calm and happy. But my niece Morgan's favorite color is purple. And she used to pair purple and green together (because she knew it was my favorite). And the color combination grew on me. I began to notice it more and more in nature. Now it's one of my favorite color combinations. :) I argued in favor of it a few weeks ago. How could Mother Nature be wrong?

The first three photos are in natural, outdoor light. The first one is in direct sunlight. The next two are in the shade with my apartment wall creating the blue background. More standard beauty shots. Beautiful, colorful flowers.

The last two photos were an experiment with natural light indoors and an ISO setting of 1600. It created noise and made them grainy. I kind of like the harshness of it. Like it's trying to be tough and gritty. A bad a$$ tulip.






6 comments:

Bolder said...

you are the Queen of The Macro!

all gorgeous shots!

i'm fond of your grapes.

Laurie said...

I love the last two. You are right about them being bad a$$ tulips! Purple used to be my favorite color but now it is green, funny how that changes over time.

Lisa said...

Thanks guys! :)

DV said...

the contrast of the purple and green against the blue background is sweet... looks like sky. hmm, given your outdoor love, what a perfect color for your apartment wall!
ya know, i think you are my main source for all things photobeautiful - thank you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the last two. Especially the last one. The grainy factor makes them look like paintings or crayon or colored pencils instead of pictures. I really LOVE them. (What would I have to do to get them on MY wall?)

Lisa said...

Thank you Amber! Well, you could email me and I could send them to you. As a congratulations present!