Thursday, March 08, 2007

Here Comes The Sun


Little darlin' the smiles returning to their faces
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Oh man, am I ever looking forward to the time change this weekend. Riding home in the sunshine is so much better than riding in the dark. And if I had a choice, I'd much rather ride in the dark in the morning than at night. Less traffic, quieter streets. Actually, I kind of like riding in the dark in the morning. But the commute home is filled with crazies, kamakaze lethal lefties, and tired, irritable drivers. I'd much rather have sunlight when dealing with them. And the added bonus will be that I'll make it home in time to catch some sunsets with my camera. :) Also, I'm solar powered. :P

So...more sunflower photos that I took this past weekend. The top photo is a macro of one of them. The patterns facinated me, all swirly and intricate. Then I had to pull back to get the whole flower. I converted it to b&w and then added the sepia tone to warm it up. For that one, I wanted to focus more on the shape of the flower.



The two bottom photos are similar yet different. The one above was taken late Saturday afternoon on my balcony in the shade. The light is even and even though it's in the shade it still feels light and airy. More open. Cool. The one on the left was taken early Sunday morning inside my apartment with the sunlight streaming thru my slider to highlight the flower. I chose a black background to make the flower pop. Since the lighting is low and from the side, it acted more like a spotlight, adding shadows and warming up the petals. It's more intimate, I think. It could just be my imagination. I have an active one. :) Overall, I think my tendancy is to go for the dramatic lighting. At least with flowers and landscapes. Some portraits. Drama is good. As long as it's in my photos and not in my life.

No comments: