Saturday, March 17, 2007

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling

Happy St. Patrick's Day. :) Today I'm Irish thru my nieces and nephew - Morgan, Madison, & Max Douglas. Hmmm...I guess it doesn't really work that way, does it? Well, anyway, their ancestry is 1/4 Irish, 1/4 German, and 1/2 Mexican. It's why Maddie is light with cute freckles, dark hair, and blue/grey eyes while Morgan has beautiful golden skin, lighter brown hair, and brown eyes. Although, we must also have blue/green eyes in our background somewhere since brown eyes is the dominant gene. Max is somewhere between the two of them.

Definitely, they are exposed to their Mexican heritage more than their others. It's what my sister knows, what I know, what my mom, dad, & grandfather know. Jack, their dad, wants to give them more exposure to the other. They get some of that from their grandma Judy who is an excellent cook and sometimes, on holidays, makes traditional Irish or German meals. While today may seem frivoulous what with the wearing-o-the-green, and pinching, and green beer (but not for them), it does give them a chance to celebrate that side of them. Although, I think the devilish glint in their eyes says it's about the pinching.

So today, I wanted to post photos of the M&Ms and some moments that made me laugh and made my eyes smile. :) You know, it's pretty easy to get a good photo of Morgan or Madison or Max when it's just one of them. It's slightly harder to get a good photo of the girls together because one may blink or look away or stick her tongue out. :P But throw Max into the mix with both of them and it's an adventure! It's not just three times as hard, it's more like 10 times as hard. But I keep trying. And at least we'll always have photos to look back and laugh at. :D


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.