Thursday, January 18, 2007

Max About Max

So...Is it just because I'm his aunt that I think Max is the cutest little guy ever?

I admit that I'm biased. But if you could just see him in person. He is a total character and his laugh is completely contagious. Sometimes when he's happy, he does this snuffling thing as if he's a miniature snuffleumpagus (however that's spelled). Of all the photos I took, I only caught him doing it once...

This little car he's in had a dead battery so it didn't go anywhere but he had fun sitting in it and moving all the parts. Plus, it was a beautiful sunny day and we were just enjoying the sunshine.

There were plenty of missed photo opportunities. You have got to be fast and have your camera ready and sometimes I was just too busy watching him to remember my camera. I wish I had gotten him eating - how deliberate he is when he's putting his cheerios in his mouth. How he has tons of teeth but uses his front ones to munch. How he likes to take big swigs of his milk. Darn it!

The day I left, I was up before anyone else and I heard him chattering away. So I went in his room and he smiled at me and showed me his blanket. I said "Come on, Max, let's change you." and he curled up into a ball and pretended to go to sleep. So I waited a while and he "woke up". I reached out my arms and said it again. Again he pretended to sleep but the whole time he's smiling. :) And I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera upstairs with me and missing those shots. So how did I get him out and changed? I sat in the rocking chair and pretended to play with his toys and he came over and reached his arms out to me! Ha. I outsmarted him. Ok, I know he's only one. But the whole goal was to do this quietly and not wake up the whole house so mission accomplished.

These are a few more photos of Max and Peyton. It's a slideshow (6 pics) but I couldn't figure out how to embed it. I was surprised that Peyton waited for him to come out to her. It was like she knew he was making a bee line for her.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

You may be biased but he is still cute. I love how you got him to reach for you.